mandag 13. februar 2012

What I love about dancing


To be honest, I don’t really care much about sports. Of course I always support Norway in big sport arrangements such as OL, or the World Championship. And of course I am just as proud as the rest of Norway when Petter Northug flies ahead of his competitors, but other than that, I do not really care much about sports at all. I played football for 6 months in 7th grade, but I don’t really understand why because I spent every match either on the bench, or out on the field trying NOT to hide from the ball as much as possible. It’s not like I hate sports either, I just never got really good at it or interested in any kind of sports at all, except from running and working out in a studio I guess.

But even though I’m not a sports person, I have always loved dancing, and I would characterize that as a sport as well. I have been taking balletlessons since I was 4 years old, until very recently when I injuried my knee and I had to quite. I still love ballet though, and hope that maybe one day, if I get an operation, maybe I can come back and start dancing again.

Even though it doesn’t involve running after a ball for hours, you still have to be incredibly strong and skilled to perform it, and to become a professional takes years of hard practice, and a lot of sweat and tears. I love ballet so much, first of all because of the great feeling it is to dance, and because of how beautiful it is to watch people perform it. I also like that it’s not about the competition, it’s not about being the best or winning the championship; It’s about performing something beautiful and artistical, about creating something unique and special and to perform it and make it mean something to the people who are watching. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar